Saturday, January 8, 2011

New antiretroviral findings to be presented January 17th

New findings will be presented by Dr. Judy Mikovits on January 17th, at a medical conference in Santa Rosa titled "The XMRV Retrovirus and its association with cancer and neuroinflammatory diseases: The latest on research, detection, and treatment".  Also, findings with antiretrovirals will be presented:  the good news: almost all CFS patients showed remarkable improvements after receiving antiretrovirals - the group that received Viread and Isentress faired out best - probably owing to some of AZT's toxic side effects, the group given AZT had higher fatigue scores than those receiving Viread and Isentress.  Dr. Deckoff Jones, and her daughter report that they are 75-80% better at this time.

3 comments:

  1. Any mention of FMS specifically? I'm pretty sure that I've been misdiagnosed as many have and actually have ME/FM, but the focus on most of the research recently seems to be mostly on ME/CFS.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good news. I have been waiting for more treatment research and discussion to take place, so I have something to bring to my GP. Luckily, my GP is collaberative, but she (and I) need more to go on than ancedotal evidence. I will listen closely to the reports of Dr. Judy M's presentation. Thank you for the heads up!

    ME Patient

    P.S. Do you have any comment on the possible comingling of XMRV with endogenous retroviruses to create disease by any chance? I am involved in this line of research overseas through collaberation with a researcher in Canada and haven't heard much about the subject in the ME community. The WPI did a presentation XMRV: Doess it Take Two to Tango? (something like that anyway), but I cannot find a transcript on-line. I was curious to see if the presentation contained discussion of endogenous retroviruses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying again, I can't seem to find my comment from a few days ago. We're all so eager for good news. And looking forward to Dr Mikovits' talk on Jan 17. But I'd say, don't let's get our hopes up too high. I believe we will get good news and treatment, but that we still are in the initial stages.

    Dr E Klein said, "Absolutely. Not everything that we have collaborated on is ready for prime time or to be shared with the public. But, I assure you, there is a lot of work still going on. We are excited by the idea that XMRV may infect the human population and it may be something important. We haven't proven that, but we still believe that is a serious possibility and we continue to work on it." http://cfidsreport.com/News/11_Cleveland_Clinics_Eric_Klein_XMRV_Research_To_Continue.html

    Andrea Whittemore-Goad said that, "I doubt Dr. Mikovits will speak about anything that is unpublished. She can't..." http://www.facebook.com/pages/XMRV-Global-Action/216740433250?ref=ts#!/event.php?eid=192521057430237

    and Dr Mikovits said that everyone is not doing well on antiretrovirals. http://www.facebook.com/notes/xmrv-global-action/dr-mikovits-dismayed-about-private-conversation-posted-to-the-web/499990521796

    ReplyDelete